- January 19, 2021
- January 16, 2021Welcome 2021 with a resolution to discover a new artistic pursuit! And, satisfy a Core Arts and/or Global Understanding requirement at the same time! Have you ever wanted to learn the story behind a piece of music?
- George Mason University's College of Visual and Performing Arts and the School of Dance Collaborate to Launch the Live CenterDecember 10, 2020The College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) at George Mason University, in collaboration with its School of Dance, announced today the official launch of the LIVE Center, also known as The Center for Live Interactive Virtual Education.
- September 30, 2020While teaching at George Mason University, Heritage Professor of Dance Christopher d'Amboise saw the need for a video conferencing system that would allow for life-size, full-body interaction—projecting dancers from a remote location directly
- March 25, 2019When George Mason University student Carlos Alejandro Martinez Espinosa was a child growing up in Guadalajara, Mexico, his mom would take him to his sister’s dance classes. Not wanting to leave him home alone, his mother enrolled him in the classes along with his sister.
- March 14, 2018Marrow, a dance choreographed by senior dance major Shelly Cochrane, was selected to be presented at the National American College Dance Association conference at the Kennedy Center, June 6-9, 2018.