Friends of Dance
The Friends of Dance at Mason is a group of dedicated supporters who love our School of Dance program and students.
They ensure the success of the next generation of artists through community engagement, audience participation, and philanthropic support. They may be distinguished alumni of the program dedicated to giving back to their alma mater, parents of current students or alumni, or local arts supporters who love dance. Everyone is welcome. The Friends of Dance represent the School of Dance at performances and events to help encourage others to support scholarships and program funding.
Here are a few ways your investment can make a difference:
- Provide support for the facilities our dancers need to succeed.
- Give toward ongoing program and performance support, ensuring that our dancers have the resources on stage and off to develop their artistry.
- Endow a faculty chair or fellowship, ensuring that top-notch faculty and visiting artists are working with our students. -Fund a scholarship so that a talented student has every opportunity to attend George Mason University.
Friends of Dance enjoy these annual benefits:
- Invitations to special dance events such as rehearsals, master classes, performances, and lectures by artists-in-residence
- Opportunities to volunteer at School of Dance performances, with a complimentary ticket
- Updates from the Director of the School of Dance
- Networking and connecting with fellow School of Dance alumni and supporters as well as current students and faculty
- Recognition in School of Dance and Center for the Arts programs, and CVPA Annual Report
- Up to $50: Friend
- $50-99: Patron
- $100-249: Benefactor
- $250-499: Company Member
- $500-999: Principal
- $1,000- $4,999: Choreographer - $5,000+: Artistic Director
Dance Partnership Council
- J. Michael Brown
- Christopher D’Amboise
- Kimberly K. Eby
- Donna L. Kidd
- Linda M. Lewis
- Carol C. Mattusch
- Julia G. Morelli
- Buffy Price
- Karen J. Reedy
- Victoria N. Salmon